The seven-member Southeast Asia – United States (SEA-US) cable consortium announced that the full commercial operations of the USD250-million submarine fiber cable system that directly links Asia to the US for faster data transmission, more efficient connectivity and greater network resiliency, has officially been achieved on August 8, 2017.
With the recent completion of the Philippine and Indonesia portion, the cable system can now provide additional capacity for the exponential growth of bandwidth between the two continents as well as bypass congested, earthquake-prone areas to ensure business continuity even during disasters.
“We are happy that the final leg of the SEA-US cable strategically terminating in Davao, is already done.
We are proud to be part of this landmark undertaking because of the immense benefits that it brings to the country and the rest of the Southeast Asian region. The facility will not only ease our dependence on the two international cable systems routed through Northern Philippines but will also provide support for the expanding business requirement for data in Southern Philippines and the country as a whole,” said Ernest L. Cu, President and CEO of Globe Telecom, one of the consortium members. Globe commercially launched the SEA-US cable system on August 11—three days after the cable consortium declared SEA-US ready for commercial operations.
The SEA-US undersea cable system delivers a 20 Terabit per second capacity with state-of-the- art 100 Gigabit per second technology. It provides the fastest direct access between the U.S., Philippines and Indonesia, extending nearly 9,000 miles on a route that bypasses congested, earthquake-prone regions. The SEA-US system includes expansive and redundant terrestrial networks connecting cable stations and data centers in California, Guam and Hawaiʻi, Indonesia, and as important, Philippines.
As one of the world’s top vendors of submarine cable systems, Mr. Toru Kawauchi, General Manager of NEC’s Submarine Network Division said, “It is with deep pride that NEC hands over the key to launch SEA-US to the SEA-US consortium members. From the day we signed the contract, we have dedicated our best resources to completing this cable. There are plenty of obstacles for every cable we build, and SEA-US was not immune from this. However, together with the cable owners, we overcame each obstacle, and have come to this day. We look forward to many more years of further enhancing our relationship in order to answer the global demand for connectivity.”
The SEA-US cable system was built by a consortium of 7 international telecommunication companies, that include Globe Telecom, PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia International (Telin), Telkom USA, GTI Corporation (a member of the Globe Group of companies), RAM Telecom International (RTI), Teleguam Holdings (GTA) and Hawaiian Telcom (HTEL). It links five countries and territories that include Manado (Indonesia), Davao (Philippines), Piti (Guam), Oahu (Hawaii, United States) and Los Angeles (California, United States).
About Globe Telecom
Globe Telecom, Inc.
is a leading full service telecommunications company in the Philippines, serving the needs of consumers and businesses across an entire suite of products and services including mobile, fixed, broadband, data connections, internet and managed services.
Its principals are Ayala Corporation and Singtel who are acknowledged industry leaders in the country and in the region.
For more information, visit www.globe.com.ph.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/talk2Globe and Facebook: http://facebook.com/GlobePH.
GTA provides complete communications services in Guam.
These include local and long-distance telephone service, wireless, DSL internet access, advanced digital television, or IPTV, and carrier-class data circuits.
The company also operates a data center in Guam for offering business data storage and managed wide-area networking.
Based in Tamuning, Guam, GTA is privately owned and locally managed.
For more information, visit www.gta.net.
About GTI Corporation
GTI Corporation is doing business as GTI Telecom in the State of California. GTI Corp.
is a wholly owned subsidiary of GTI Business Holdings, Inc., who in turn is a wholly owned subsidiary of Globe Telecom, Inc. GTI was granted a 214 license by the US Federal Communications Commission on February 2010 that authorizes GTI to engage in both wireless resale and facilities-based carrier services in the USA.
For more information, visit www.globemobile.us.
About Hawaiian Telcom
Hawaiian Telcom (Nasdaq:HCOM), headquartered in Honolulu, is Hawai’i’s Technology Leader, providing integrated communications, broadband, data center and entertainment solutions for business and residential customers. With roots in Hawai’i beginning in 1883, the Company offers a full range of services including Internet, video, voice, wireless, data network solutions and security, colocation, and managed and cloud services supported by the reach and reliability of its next generation fiber network and a 24/7 state-of-the-art network operations center.
With employees statewide sharing a commitment to innovation and a passion for delivering superior service, Hawaiian Telcom provides an Always OnSM customer experience.
For more information, visit hawaiiantel.com.
RTI is a leading neutral cable owner and develops global telecom infrastructure and large-scale data connectivity in selected markets. RTI offers its neutral products and services to telecommunications carriers, large multinational enterprises, content providers, US government, and educational institutions.
RTI is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
For more information, visit www.rticable.com
PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia International (Telin) is a subsidiary of PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia, Tbk, a state-owned telecommunication and network service provider. Telin focuses in international telecommunication business as well as serves as Telkom’s business arms in managing and developing its business lines abroad.
With the objective to be the Global Digital Hub,currently Telin owns 10 footprints in Singapore, Hong Kong, Timor Leste with its product called Telkomcel, Australia, Malaysia, Macau, Taiwan, USA, Myanmar, and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. To add, Telin existence in global telecommunication business is also marked with 47 Points-of-Presence (PoP) that located in various countries in the world.
With the strategy of TelkomGroup compiled with reliable networks and infrastructures, enable Telin to provide high quality services that reaches all parts of the world. For more information, visit www.telin.co.id
About Telin USA
Telekomunikasi Indonesia International (USA), Inc. (Telin USA) was established on December 11th, 2013 located in California and becomes subsidiary with 100% of its shares owned by PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia International (Telin). Telin USA performs telecommunications products, telecommunications services, Information Technology (IT), Information technology products and information technology services business.
For more information, visit http://www.telkom-usa.net
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. By providing a combination of products and solutions that cross utilize the company’s experience and global resources, NEC’s advanced technologies meet the complex and ever-changing needs of its customers.
NEC brings more than 100 years of expertise in technological innovation to empower people, businesses and society.
For more information, visit NEC at http://www.nec.com.
For more information, contact:
- FOR Globe Telecom – Yoly C.
Crisanto Head, Corporate Communications Globe Telecom, Inc.
Email Address: email@example.com Globe Press Room: www.globe.com.ph/press-room Twitter: @talk2GLOBE │ Facebook: www.facebook.com/globeph
- FOR Teleguam Holdings dba GTA – Michele Catahay Corporate Communications +1.671.644.0163 FOR GTI Corporation – Fernando Cruz Director International Facilities & Data GTI Corporation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOR Hawaiian Telcom – Su Shin Executive Director – Marketing & Communications Hawaiian Telcom O: +1.808.546.2344 | C: +1.808.753.4891 Email: email@example.com
- FOR RTI – Russ Matulich Phone: +1.415.837.3511 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOR Telin – Gideon Octora Corporate Communication Manager Phone: 62-21-2995 2300 Fax: 62-21-5296 2358 Email: email@example.com
- FOR Telin USA – Joseph Sahat Raja Phone: +1.323.899.4134 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 79HONOLULU, Hawaii – January 15, 2017 – Today the Southeast Asia – U S (SEA-US) Cable System publicly marked key milestones and closed in on others with the completion of the installation of its state-of-theart undersea fiber optic cable network by the second quarter of 2017. Last week, the Hermosa Beach, California shore-end was successfully…
- 76Indonesia, March 31, 2015 - A global consortium of telecommunications companies, formed to build and operate the South-East Asia - United States (SEA-US) submarine cable system, officially announced the start of construction for the landmark project, the first to directly connect Indonesia and the United States. NEC Corporation and NEC Corporation of America are the…
- 40Telekomunikasi Indonesia International (USA), Inc. (Telin USA) was established on December 11th, 2013 located in California and becomes subsidiary with 100% of its shares owned by PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia International (Telin). Telin USA performs telecommunications products, telecommunications services, Information Technology (IT), Information technology products and information technology services business. Telin USA Office 800 Wilshire Blvd, 6th…
- 36Data Center Services Telin USA's telecommunication infrastructure has own submarine cable from Asia to USA along with data center space lease from various third party provider like Equinix and CoreSite. This gives the company unmatched capabilities for global telecommunication services. Being part of the Telkom Group provides Telin USA's with the capacity of transport telecommunications traffic to…